Monday, March 25, 2013

Proverbs 1:4-5---To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear , and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Subtilty means "explanation". If I am going to be able to give explanation to my children I need to proceed to verse 5: hear, increase learning, attain unto wise counsels.
                 1. Hear the whole story before disciplining
                 2. Hear the truth, not just what I want to hear
                 3. Increase learning through: personal devotions and Bible studies, preaching, reading books    about the Bible and about teaching
                 4. Attain unto wise counsels: my husband, my preacher, godly mothers and women

My study started out with instruction to me. If I plan on doing it right, doing it God's way, I have to follow this guideline. Hear, increase learning, and attain unto wise counsels. The Lord doesn't want us to take our children and just "wing it" as we try to raise them. He has given us help through His Word and other Christians to do it the right way. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. where did you get your definition for subtilty? I was looking at it and I am not finding the same one you have. The meaning I found for it is prudence. Which is close to what you have but a little different. Acting with or showing care and thought for the future. God wants to teach the foolish to have prudence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the definition in my Bible...I guess I should read more sources before posting my study

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well dont let me discourage you. I enjoyed your post. I am up to verse 7 in my own study. Seeing more right now that I need to change how I view and operate so that my children will walk in the right path. :)

    ReplyDelete