Monday, August 30, 2010

God is Good

We are now 1 week away from moving to Aklavik. We are both pretty excited about it. Our last few weeks here have been sort of busy. We had a youth activity on August 21. It was a good time. We are learning a little more of what to do and what not to do at activities. For example, we have learned to start them at 6:00 that way people will start showing up by 7:00. This last time we started it at 7:00 but there weren't enough people for a game until 8:00. It gets too late that way. So...we will just start them earlier. Anyway...here are a few photos of the Bible trivia game Shane put together. Shane asking questions...Jessica, Alex, Norman, and Steven
Kate just watching the game


Also this past week I got a slightly unexpected babysitting job. Since Easter I was planning on watching these kids for the summer but then they went to Tuk for July and were spending time with their cousins for the first week or so of August so I figured that they didn't need me this summer after all. Shane and I looked around to see if anyone needed a babysitter but found nothing. So we prayed and asked God to send me a babysitting job for August. Then last Monday morning their dad came knocking at our door at 8 am and said he really needed a babysitter. So I babysat all last week and will again this week. God is so good in how He provides in His perfect timing.

Here is a picture of the girls I am babysitting (they are the twins I babysat last spring). They fell asleep while watching a 3D movie (which should explain the silly glasses they are wearing).



Then I also included a picture of the pup we are watching. She likes to sleep, too. And last but not least here's a silly video of my Shane. It's taken at Gwichin Park.


2 comments:

  1. i love the video!!!! i miss you guys so much! i'm glad God proided you with a babysiting job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sands! for the question that u asked on my blog. my g-pa rides with me when i drive! :)

    ReplyDelete