Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Missions Conference

We are so excited for the start of our missions conference tonight! Missionaries James Turpin and Russel Holland are both here along with their wives. The Turpins have been serving in Norway for over 40 years and the Hollands are on deputation to go to Norway. It's a very exciting time :-)

So, with missions conference upon us, I'd like to share my.favorite missionary quote. It is by James Chalmers, missionary to New Guinea.

"Recall my period of more than 20 years of service. Give me back all its experiences- it's shipwrecks, it's frequent occasions on the brink of death; give it to me surrounded by savages with spears and clubs; give it to me again with spears flying about me, with the club knocking me.to the ground  and I will still be your missionary."

Oh to have a love for souls like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment