Monday, July 11, 2011

Good Afternoon!

Today is such a nice day! Will and I got up around 7:45 this morning. I really want our days starting early from now on. So we got up and he played for a while then had breakfast then we had devotions then he went down for his nap. I LOVE mornings that go so well! He took a great nap then we went for a walk with TBone. Only 2 dogs started coming toward us but thankfully neither came all the way up to us. There are soo many dogs that aren't on leashes around our house! So anyway we came back and had lunch with Shane then we went out to see my friend, Tammy.

Tammy runs the Healthy Babies program that I go to a couple times a week. She asked me to come sew her dress for her (my first alteration!). I did it and it looks really nice. Anyway, Tammy is unsaved and seems to be very interested in my church and what I believe. She says every week how she wants to come to church but never does. So Shane told me I should bring her some literature (why didn't I think of that??) Tammy LOVES to read so I knew she would really appreciate it. I gave her 3 things. 1) an RU tract. It talks about what we do at RU (our Friday night program) and also gives the plan of salvation. 2) a pamphlet Mr Forney wrote on Biblical separation and why our church doesn't join the other churches in the community. 3) another pamphlet Mr Forney wrote on salvation. It is basically the written version of a message he preached on salvation. You should have seen the look on her face when I handed her those three things! She was so excited and so appreciative! It made me so happy!

And to think...how many more people are just waiting for us to hand them a tract or something to tell them who our Lord is. We get scared sometimes but if we would just obey God and spread His Word we would get such a blessing!!!

Please pray for Tammy. She is very soft and I believe she is searching. Pray that she will be saved!

1 comment:

  1. Sands, it's so good to hear how God has opened the door in that relationship with Tammy. Will be praying for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete