Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Praises

On Friday a friend of mine, Esmerelda, asked me if I wanted to sing a song with her and her sister for the missions conference. I was really excited when she showed me the song and it was a Victorios Valley song. It is so nice when you move to a different country where everything is different to find something familiar. That got me thinking about other things the Lord has done...that may seem like simple little things but they are important to me...

As everyone knows I love crocheting and every Wednesday night Mrs Gordon and I crochet together while our husbands watch tv. God has given me a crochet partner. When the girlies from the dorm sent me Anne of Green Gables I thought I would have no one to watch it with but when a couple of my friends saw it on the shelf they got all excited about it and started quoting lines from it. I have someone to watch Anne of Green Gables with. God is so good in how He cares about the little things.

But my biggest praise for today is what I got in the mail yesterday. I have received my extension for my visitor's visa. This means I have permission to stay until August 19 (when I will either apply for another extension or else have my permanent resident by then). This also means that I can apply for health care. Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad the Lord has provided the small things for you! I am really glad that you have someone to watch Anne with too. And guess what I got Lizzie to Crochet? Not often, but she does when she is bored. I love you Sandz!
    ~Momma~

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome Sands!!!
    Love ya!! Kimby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those songs we sang together still stick with me and I find myself humming them. And we know that everything in life parallels Anne of Green Gables! Especially in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new design for your page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sandy, what you need to do is catch a chipmunk,then head to the nearest flea market but don't forget your snow boots!

    ReplyDelete