Monday, October 5, 2009

Of Cheese and Bologna

Well, my weekend flew by once again. We had a pretty good weekend. Friday we just stayed at home. We rented the movie 'Earth'. We enjoyed it. Although the makers of the movie were trying to push evolution, all it did was showed how awesome God is. It showed how the whole earth was created with such organization. God did everything perfectly.

Saturday Shane had to work so I slept in again. He called around 10 or 10:30 and asked if I would drive to the airport to pick up some lunch for him and his friend Pat. I had not been to the airport since I got here so it was a bit of an adventure. It is about 15 minutes outside of town. I drove 60 mph for the first time since July! It was so fun. In town here you can't drive faster than like 20 mph. So at first I was not used to it but by the ride home I was loving driving so fast. Hehe. Then once I got back into town I had to drop back down to 20 mph which made me feel like I was crawling.

Then Saturday night after Shane was done work we were able to go out for a jog. I was really anxious to do so because I have not really ran since July. Before we left I checked the temperature. It was 22 degrees. I wore like 3 layers top and bottom and of course I wouldn't leave without my gloves and hat. We went on a jog that was about 3 km ( I think that is about 2 1/2 miles or so...not sure). I ran the first third then had to walk for about the next third then ran the rest of the way. It was tough for me since I havent ran for son long and I am not used to running in the cold but Shane ran it like nothing. In fact, he went for a second lap while I waited in the truck.

Sunday morning Mrs Donley asked me if I wanted to take over the 5-9 year old Sunday School class. I was so excited. What and answer to prayer! Of course I said yes so I sat in while she taught it this week and next week I will start doing it by myself. She gave me some really good ideas and the two of us are really excited about the potential of the class. It will be a great experience.

Well, that is all for now. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for you about the Sunday school class! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment was from Momma but I was signed into my g-mail account. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you people know I ran the second lap faster than my first lap with Sandy. The first lap took us 24 to 26 min and my second lap was 14 minutes. It was fun. I love running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so good to hear how the Lord is at work in your life and blessing you so you can bless others!

    ReplyDelete