Monday, September 28, 2009

Super Weekend

I had a really fun weekend. Friday night Shane and I had a sleepover. We pulled the mattress from the spare bed and put it on the floor in the living room. We closed all the blinds so it was really dark in there. So dark, that in the morning it stayed dark and we didn't get up until 11 or so. We ate breakfast then went to the book sale at the library. I had been anticipating it all week. We got 2 or 3 different children's books so I can have something new to read to Caleb and Addie. We also found 5 missionary stories written for youth readers. Probably like a 5th grade reading level. We got David Livingstone, Amy Carmichael, Adoniram Judson, Hudson Taylor and Booth ( I don't remember his first name). So we were super excited. We got all those books for only $2.50!

So then after the book sale he worked on his message while I worked on my Sunday School lesson. When we were done we played a game called Dumbsweep together. It is our favorite and I think we play it almost every night now.

Sunday I got to teach the Sunday School class for the little tikes. Probably K-2nd grade or so. Then in the afternoon I went with Mrs Adams to the Arctic Tern. That was a real blessing and I am going to go again next week. Sunday night we had some of the teens over. We played Mad Gab (Shane and I won) and then a game called Nerks which is basically Dutch Blitz. I was really close to winning, but then fell behind and Clinton won. Then I cleaned up while Shane took them all home. When he got home he called for me from the front door. I went over and he handed me my coat so I put it on along with my boots and he took me outside. It was snowing really big snowflakes and the ground was covered in snow. Imagine my excitement! Hehe. We just stood in it for a few minutes then had a small snowball fight. (He won).

So, that was my super fun weekend. Oh, and it is still snowing now.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are nuts! But I love the part about the snow! You are so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! i want snow!! i love snow!! oh, i so gotta tell ya something in your next email!

    ReplyDelete