Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies

My intentions were to make a 12 days of Christmas cookies list to post on here. I LOVE Christmas baking and actually started a couple weeks ago. I was going to post my top 12 Christmas cookies after I made them all. But chances are I won't have time to do that until after Christmas so I thought I will just post them as I go. We will see how far we get...

So for my first Christmas cookie I would like to share a recipe that makes me think of my sister, Lizzie, every time I make it. I do not remember how or where we discovered this recipe. What I remember is that we were about 15 or 16 and we made them almost every day for like a month because we were so in love with these things. Incredibly easy to make and hardly any mess. It's the cookie to bake when you don't have much time but want something sweet. Sooooo without further ado (I just googled that and I spelled it right first try!) anyway....without any further ado......


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
                1cup peanut butter (or any peanut butter substitute, I use pea butter)
                1 cup sugar
                1 tsp vanilla 
                1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients until combined.
3. Bake for 10-13 minutes.

I made half of mine with chocolate chips and I preferred them over the regular ones. Also mine took closer to 20 minutes to bake but that might be because I have a gas oven and you can never really tell when it's fully preheated.

Enjoy and please let me know if you tried them and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment