Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas time = Christmas things!

I am excited to be in the week before Christmas. I think the days leading up to Christmas are often more fun than Christmas day (although Christmas day is a ton of fun!) Christmas day goes by soo fast though and you just feel exhausted by supper time. This week leading up to Christmas I am really enjoying myself and enjoying spoiling William and Shane with Christmas treats.

Shane made a list of Christmas desserts he would really like to have so I have been working hard on them and adding a few of my own ideas. So far I have made: banana bread, banana cookies, gingerbread men, sugar cookies with jam filling, forgotten cookies, and peanut butter crunch bars (made with a peanut butter free substitute called pea butter). They all have been really good. We are enjoying them. There are still 2 or 3 more desserts on the list but I am in no rush I still have the rest of the week.

Sunday night we got to go Christmas caroling with our church. We went to the long term care (basically a nursing home at the hospital) and also to the old folks home (an apartment complex with just elderly tenants). At both places we had a great turnout. Both Shane and Mr Forney shared the Gospel between songs. It was a great opportunity. One of my favorite parts of the night was when we were at the hospital. After we sand "The First Noel" one of the elders started singing it in (I think) Inuvialuktun, which is one of the native languages here. Mostly just elders speak it so I don't hear it very often but it was so neat to hear her sing the whole song in that language. Also she sang "O Come All Ye Faithful" in the same language. It was a blessing to hear.

William and I just had a nice afternoon. We played and baked for a little bit then had to run some errands. After the errands we went to the local cafe and shared a strawberry smoothie. It is so much fun now that he is old enough to enjoy those kinds of things with me. He is such a great companion!

Well, have a Merry Christmas!!!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment