Monday, November 4, 2013

Still Crafting

Sorry it has been so long since my last post! We got a new computer and it doesn't like my.camera so I couldn't get to my photos to put them on here. But I decided just to use my kindle and see if it works to post some of my latest projects from here!
 
First we have the kids' aprons I made for them. This isn't the best photo of the aprons, but it will have to do. The kids love baking with me, especially making bread (that's what they are doing in the photo). So I got an old apron of mine and cut it down to Williams size and put a batman logo applique on it. He's all about batman so he's thrilled with the apron :-) Then I took Will's apron and used it as a pattern for Jenna' s apron. Hers is much more girly with a pink heart with yellow polka dots and matching sash and ties.

Next is the next page in the quiet book. A telephone. I used ric-rac for the phone cord and under each button I put a little piece of a grocery bag. This makes the numbers poof a little bit and gives them a bit of a noise when you press it (not a loud noise though). 


And last I have the kids' mukluks. Will's aren't completely finished yet. I am still trying to find the right colors to make the tassles that will tie around the top (you can sort of see them on Jenna' s). These mukluks are traditional footwear. People wear them everywhere once the snow comes out. The sole is made of moose hide so it is thick and warm. The inside liner (which you can't see in these pictures) is made of duffle which is also nice and warm. I know these aren't the best photos because I am using my kindle, sorry. But if you want to see the mukluks up and close just come see us in PA in 67 days :-) 


Happy crafting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take you up on that 67 day offer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kids are getting so big! And Cute! So glad to see your crafts, I'll post about mine soon, I have to send it off to my sister first.

    ReplyDelete