Thursday, February 5, 2015

My New Green Thumb

I am having fun with a new project. Not much of a project, actually. And it really doesn't take any skill...but it is new for me and it's fun. I found out that you can regrow green onions from saving the bottom part (I don't even know what it's called...). Anyway, since produce is so expensive up here it is worth a try! So I bought some two weeks ago and put he stems in a glass along with a wet paper towel:
Nothing special...just stuck them on the counter. It was so exciting when I started to see growth! One week later:


And two weeks later:


And they are still growing! They look even better than the ones I originally bought at the store. I am very excited about this!

Well, this post was supposed to be longer but there is a child on my lap who has recently learned to grab. That is making things a little difficult. I will post again soon about a contest I am part of called "Walk to Tuk."



No comments:

Post a Comment