Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Babysitting

Last week one of Shane's coworkers needed me to babysit his daughters for the afternoon. Their names are Shulaya and Lakiesha...identical twins. I decided to take a picture of them with the babies cause who knows when I will be babysitting two sets of twins at one time again!

The Lord is so good, too. I have been thinking about the summer and what I will do. I stop babysitting the twins once school is out and therefore no longer will be making money to help out with the bills. I have been praying that the Lord will open something up for me. Then yesterday Shane said that Kevin (the girls' dad) asked if I would babysit the girls Monday-Friday 8-5 once school is let out. I was so excited to hear that! So I will be spending my summer with Shulaya and Lakiesha. Not only that but I will be babysitting my nephew, Caleb, for half of May along with the twins. God is just giving me more and more babysitting jobs. I am so thankful!

Shane and I got to go on a good walk yesterday. The weather has been so nice lately! It's like -20 in the morning but gets up to -5 or so in the afternoon and evening. The sun stays up until after 9, too, so that helps keep things warmer. Anyway...we walked yesterday from 8-9 pm. Part of our walk was along the Mackenzie Rive which is right now the ice road. The part we walked by is getting set up for the Muskrat Jamboree which is this coming weekend. They will set up a whole carnival on the ice. It will be fun to go to. There are carnival games and such along with contests like snow show racing, dogracing, snowmobile races, and all sorts of other stuff.

Well, that's all for now!

4 comments:

  1. lol,first of all,-5...not nice weather.second walks are only nice when you can walk.third,God always thinks of things before we even think to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post some pics of what it looks like outside, Sands. I can't really visualize you in your frozen world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just one question - did you crochet that blanket? cuz I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and one more comment... hehe! The word verification for my last post was "hyper." How appropriate for that to be just for me!:)

    ReplyDelete